Social Media Content Manager Job at TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION
Times Higher Education (THE), the world’s leading authority on college performance, is looking for a driven, driven individual to join its growing events team. THE portfolio of global events – led by our flagship annual Times Higher Education World Academic Summit – includes a regular series of regional summits and forums that bring together leading global thought leaders in higher education, research, industry and government to share best practice and innovation in the development and leadership of world-class universities and research.
Our events offer premium networking opportunities unparalleled in the higher education sector, providing a platform for vital conversations that will help shape the future of higher education.
For more information about Times Higher Education, please visit www.timeshighereducation.com
For more information on how we handle your data, please visit https://www.timeshighereducation.com/content/candidate-privacy-notice
Basic scope and main objectives
We are looking for a creative and analytical individual with excellent writing and video editing skills to join our busy event marketing team.
You will be responsible for coming up with new ideas and creating compelling content based on research and insight, then putting them into action, to drive community growth and global delegate acquisition through various social media platforms.
You will care deeply about the quality of your work and attention to detail is essential, as is keeping up to date with the latest trends in social media and digital technology.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic and growing team, with excellent potential for career progression.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Research and plan social media marketing strategies based on the target audience for each event.
- Develop and create high-quality, engaging content for our THE Events social channels and work closely with extended teams on centrally managed THE social channels.
- Use a variety of content types to engage our target audience in our busy global event series.
- Create advocacy resources and engaging content using a variety of formats, including videos, infographics and polls.
- Support the team to grow our online communities and relationships with key external higher education communities.
- Set up and manage paid campaigns on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google and Facebook and other relevant social channels as needed.
- Use social media management tools (such as Sprout) to plan our activity.
- Use Google Analytics and other monitoring tools to review key metrics and compile reports to showcase successes and areas for improvement.
- Research new social media developments on all social media platforms.
Experience and skills required
- Excellent creative writing skills.
- Paying and confident social acquaintances are desired.
- Passionate about content, growing online communities and social media in higher education.
- Excellent understanding of social media management platforms such as Sprout.
- Skills in video creation and editing.
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines in a fast-paced environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, English grammar and proofreading, with the ability to adapt style and approach to suit a variety of global audiences.
- MS Office essential – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
THE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that we are all different. Great strength comes from different perspectives and experiences. That’s why we’re committed to our mission to create an inclusive culture that empowers our employees to feel empowered to give their all at work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and to be a caring employer to help THE achieve this goal.