Social Media Content Creator (Climate Charity)
The China Dialogue Trust is looking for a Social Media Content Creator to join our growing London team to support the development and implementation of our social media strategy across our range of brands.
The new team member will work closely with the existing Social Media Manager and wider editorial teams to grow and grow our social media presence and online community, with a particular focus on creating visual content exciting and innovative, including graphics and videos.
The ideal candidate would have experience creating bespoke graphics and other content for social media audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, as well as experience using social media in an organization non-profit, media or campaign.
This role will be key to growing our online presence and ideal candidates will have a keen interest in environmental issues.
China Dialogue Trust is an independent organization dedicated to advancing climate action by promoting understanding of climate change and the environment across language and culture barriers.
For more than 15 years, our work has shed light on both China’s environmental crises and its global environmental footprint. We cover everything from innovations in green technologies to the impact of “Belt and Road” investment to share knowledge and advance solutions.
We are a UK registered charity headquartered in London, with a team in China, a growing cohort of regional editors in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Thailand, Japan, in Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Gambia and Sierra Leone. , and a network of expert contributors and partners around the world.
China Dialogue Trust researches, writes, commissions, edits and publishes reports and analyzes on environmental and climate threats, to stimulate the exchange of information and ideas among readers from various geographical areas.
China Dialogue Trust publishes on four websites:
- chinadialogue.net, our flagship site launched in 2006, reports in Chinese and English on the environment and climate change with a focus on China. It attracted more than 1.3 million page views in 2021. Currently, China Dialogue has a presence on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. The social media content creator would play a key role in developing a new Instagram account.
- thethirdpole.net publishes in English, Hindi, Urdu, Nepali, Bengali and Russian and is dedicated to understanding water, climate and the environment across Asia. The third hub was launched in 2010 and has attracted over 1 million page views in 2021 and is widely syndicated across the subcontinent. Currently, The Third Pole is present on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
- dialogochino.net publishes in English, Spanish and Portuguese, was launched in 2014 and focuses on the environmental and social impacts of China in Latin America. In 2021, it attracted over 930,000 page views. Currently, Chino Dialogo is present on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. The social media content creator would play a key role in developing a new Instagram account.
- chinadialogueocean.netwhich focuses on China’s policies and impacts on the marine environment, critical to the global ocean, was launched in 2018. China Ocean Dialogue attracted over 440,000 page views in 2021. Currently, China Ocean Dialogue is included in China Dialogue social media accounts.
With its expertise and rich experience in communication and public education, China Dialogue Trust raises awareness and organizes dialogues online and in the real world – to promote and support perspectives that enhance understanding and inspire greater aware of the challenges of the planet.
- Work closely with the other Social Media Manager to develop and implement China Dialogue Trust’s global social media strategy;
- Work with China Dialogue Trust’s international editorial team to promote content in innovative visual ways – including original graphics, videos, etc. ;
- Work with editors, media editor and graphics editor to design high-quality infographics, videos and other visual content, and adapt visuals created for the website to social media;
- Work with the production manager and regional editors to translate visuals into other languages;
- Develop and maintain a strong Instagram presence for all China Dialogue Trust websites;
- Ensure that all social media content is appropriate to China Dialogue Trust’s brand guidelines and editorial tone.
- A commitment to the work of China Dialogue Trust;
- Excellent written and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a small team;
- Experience using social media for a non-profit or media organization;
- Create original content for social media platforms, especially Instagram;
- An interest in environmental and climate change issues;
- Graphic design skills for social media including infographics, event posters, etc. ;
- Video editing skills for social media;
- Experience with a range of design applications, image and video editing software like Adobe Publisher, Canva, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Rush.
- Language skills in Bengali, Urdu, Nepali, Russian, Chinese, Hindi, Spanish or Portuguese;
- A good understanding or experience of environmental issues;
- Ability to write compelling and concise texts for social media;
- Ordering external content, for example: illustrations, video;
- Experience with paid social networks – including managing ads on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- A solid understanding of social media strategy and online community growth.
You may be asked to perform other duties as required within the role from time to time.
How to register: Send a cover letter, CV with references and a diversity follow-up form to [email protected], along with relevant examples of recent work or your portfolio by April 30, 2022.
For more information on how we process your data, please read our privacy notice.