Social Media and Community Content Manager
We have been nominated as a finalist for the Mumbrella Awards as Best Public Relations Employer. You’d like to know why ? Because we love our staff. And yes, we know you’ve heard this before – but we really do.
Our office is designed to be a collaborative, supportive and peaceful space. We believe happy staff produce the best work – so we let everyone shine in their own way, while providing professional and personal training options to support their growth. We have a hybrid work environment – with work-from-home days, brainstorming afternoons in the park, lunches at our clients’ homes and much more.
Our working day is also shorter – so you can go home a little earlier every day! We trust our staff to do what it takes to make our customers happy and successful – and we reward that effort by trying to make work something you look forward to, rather than dread! If this sounds like something you’d like, then join us!
The Social Media & Digital Manager is the voice (and the face!) of our clients’ social media pages. They must be able to embody the client’s brand and articulate the different positionings, missions and values of the brand. They will be responsible for all interactions on social and digital channels, including Instagram, Facebook and (sometimes) TikTok. A real understanding of how to connect authentically with people and a knack for creating moments worth sharing are essential to helping us build our clients’ online communities.
As Social Media & Digital Manager, you:
Manage our clients’ social media channels:
- lead social media channels including Instagram, Facebook and TikTok from initial strategy to execution
- lead content calendar planning and create content, including liaising with relevant parties for collaboration opportunities
- determine and track metrics/kpi for each owned platform, and find ways to continually optimize performance
- lead influencer collaborations and cross-brand partnerships
Authentically connect with people
- interact with people on our clients’ social networks
- consider moments of opportunity to create memorable, relevant and shareable moments
- carry out awareness-raising actions with people who like our customers’ brands to increase their notoriety
- assess metrics, monitor, track and report on people’s interactions with our customers
- monitor engagement and recommend optimization/content pivots if needed
- monitor social media trends and recommend new platforms for expansion
- coordinate inquiries, questions and concerns with relevant PRs or internal client teams
- Friendly, enthusiastic, people-loving, creative, team player and self-starter incredibly organized with a positive attitude
- A social media guru who is active on all social media platforms and fully understands how to use different features across channels to engage
- You have the meaning of the words. You can be funny, warm and cheeky with your clear and succinct communication. Writing creative copy is second nature to you.
- Start in your career and have great ambitions to do great things; 1-3 years of experience where you engaged people, developed copy or creative content, and stayed close to social media and pop culture trends
- Curiosity – you will be asked to delve into all parts of our client’s business, and your innate thirst for learning will help us overcome our challenges.
- A learner – always looking to improve himself, his team and the world around him.
- You thrive in direct, honest and supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the team around you. It’s us, not me.
- You care deeply about the environment and the product choices you make.
- You have ideals as well as ideas.
- You are agile, you have courage, you are comfortable in a fast and fluid environment
You will report to our Account Manager and Managing Director. We are located in Sydney (Waterloo) in a flexible hybrid work from home/office environment.
This position is initially part-time (2-3 days per week) and has the potential to be expanded for the right person. We are also happy to consider freelancers who wish to work on a project basis.
If you’ve read this far, we bet it’s because you’re serious about being seriously friendly and joining a group of enthusiasts obsessed with creating everyday products that people can fall in love with. Stand out from others by sharing examples of your social media posts / copywriting with your app. Please attach it to your CV.
We look forward to meeting you and saying hello