Open Call to Chinese Social Media Content Producers | Information
News article | 13-07-2022 | 07:31
The Dutch diplomatic network in China, which consists of an embassy in Beijing and four consulates general in Chongqing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Shanghai, is pleased to announce the open call for Chinese social media content producers.
We ask content producers to join us in creating inspiring and useful content that keeps our Chinese subscribers engaged and grows our subscriber count. This content can include articles, videos, podcasts, showcases, how-to guides, infographics, personal stories…and more. We use WeChat, Weibo and Douyin, among other Chinese social media platforms.
What are you going to do?
- Produce content for our Chinese social media platforms. We have embraced social media as a tool of public diplomacy. Our content strategy includes a diverse mix of content types. Therefore, you can produce different types of high-performing content or you are an expert in one content format. Content types to be considered suitable for our Chinese social media channels include, but are not limited to, feature articles, videos, GIFs, campaigns;
- Develop and create content that aligns with our three focus areas: freedom, sustainability and innovation. Related topics are agriculture, creative industries, human rights, water management, elderly care, education, trade, etc. ;
- The content you produce uses the Dutch tone of voice. Our tone of voice can be described as fiery, thoughtful and direct;
- Contribute to making the Netherlands better known to Chinese Internet users and promote dialogue between the Netherlands and China.
What do we look for in a Chinese social media content producer?
- You/your organization should be able to work independently, be a good planner and have knowledge of project management.
- Experience in Chinese social media and digital marketing. This includes the ability to interpret message results and take action to increase efficiency;
- Exceptional writing and communication skills;
- Excellent in logical thinking and critical thinking;
- Able to deliver high quality work under pressure;
- Good knowledge of the Netherlands and Dutch values;
- Think creatively and proactively with the communication team of the Dutch diplomatic network in China;
- Fluency in English and excellent Chinese are required. Dutch language skills are beneficial.
Here’s how to get the most out of your app:
- Please send us a presentation of yourself/your organisation, including your strengths and previous projects.
- We are curious to know more about your projects and ideas. Therefore, please send us your content production proposal. It may be a long-term strategic partnership plan and how you envision the collaboration process, but must include the cost of creating your content, a description of how you work, and the type(s) of content (video, article, etc.) you can produce.
- Please write an outline of an article about Dutch sustainability activities that could be published on the WeChat and Weibo accounts of the Dutch diplomatic network in China and the first 3-4 paragraphs of it (about 1000 words).
Please submit your application to the Department of Culture, Communication and Education by email to [email protected] The deadline for submission is August 1, 2022.
If you have any questions, you can also contact us via [email protected]
Those deemed to best meet the requirements will be invited for an interview. More than one content producer may be selected to collaborate with.
We look forward to receiving your application!