New Indigenous NFT project paving the way for Indigenous digital media content, cultural sharing and fundraising for underfunded Indigenous green projects and new technologies.
Are NFTs a viable means of crowdfunding for Indigenous projects?
VANCOUVER, BC, March 11, 2022 /CNW/ –
400 Drums is dedicated to helping Indigenous artists, elders, language speakers and tour operators harness new online platforms to monetize their art while sharing their teachings and stories.
Among all ancient cultures, are the common threads. The 400 Drums project aspires to explore, contemplate, communicate and reflect these common threads so that we can once again dream of a new future in balance with the earth and all relationships.
behind the drum
400 Drum is a series of NFTs derived from unique indigenous drums handcrafted by David Ferro of the Okanagan Nation. The drums are hand painted in acrylic, with the paints designed by the color theorist Tamara Godardwhich incorporates phosphorescence into the pigments for stunning effects with black lights. David Ferro creates each pattern on the face of the drums and Tamara Godardhis partner in life and in business, transforms museum-quality works of art into digital masterpieces.
400 Drums was championed by a team inspired to showcase Indigenous art as a living expression of culture. NFTs were designed with this in mind; graphics, made by Tamara Godardare representative of the medicine wheel, a common thread among many Indigenous peoples internationally.
The 400 Drums Project raises funds for:
- Create training programs and services for Indigenous artists to create Indigenous-designed digital showcases and NFTs infused with Indigenous teachings, stories, sounds and music;
- Support the completion and distribution of Back to the Fire, a documentary series on Indigenous leadership by the Hereditary Chief of the Squamish Nation Gibby Jacob;
- Support the Four Our Future WICD Digital and Media training and employment program for Indigenous youth;
- Provide traditional cultural craft workshops for Indigenous peoples Canada;
- Plan and develop an Indigenous Green Technology Campus to showcase food, water, electricity and housing technologies suitable and available to First Nations communities and local economies.
The 400Drums Web3 site is coming on Sunday: www.400drums.earth
Coindor podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gVdfpfJz64&t=1271s&ab_channel=Coindor
CryptoAltruism podcast: https://spoti.fi/3t2UPnC
Let’s make a drum trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsFP25btBIA
David Ferro: www.ancestrallink.com
Chief Gibby Jacob Back to the fire trailer: www.backtothefire.net
Project developers: Four Our Future Indigenous Economics Ltd. www.fourourfuture.com
Project partner: Here2Help: www.here2help.community
SOURCE Four Our Future Indigenous Economy
For further information: Media Contact: Tamara Goddard, Cell: 778.837.9461, Email: [email protected]