How to Leverage 4 Effective Social Media Platforms for Advertising — RISMedia
Social media advertising is essential if you want to stand out from the competition, drive people to your site, gain visibility on your ads, and increase your revenue.
Relying on organic searches saves you money, but isn’t always reliable or sustainable. Used effectively, advertising on social media platforms can increase your conversion rate with a lower acquisition cost.
Before we dive into four effective digital marketing campaigns and the best way to put them into practice, understanding what type of content you want to deliver should be your first step.
Here are some examples of content types you might want to explore:
- Promote Ads—Make it easy for customers to identify new or existing listings.
- Standout Features—Show what makes your business unique and different with special offers, benefits and advanced technology solutions.
- Provide helpful content and quick tips—Provide relevant and useful homeownership infographics with calls to action.
- Organize an event-Create an advertisement for open houses, Zoom events and more that visitors can mark on their social calendars.
- Attract consumers to social pages—Drive traffic to your social media pages to gain more followers and improve your SEO score.
- Appeal to a lifestyle—Guide buyers who want to discover the beach, a desirable neighborhood in their area and/or remarkable assets to a trendy and attractive home.
- Target first-time buyers—Help newbies easily find and compare properties and find the right real estate professional to contact.
- Make a limited time offer—Target budget-conscious customers with time-sensitive promotions.
- Cultivate a personality—Create a unique voice, style, and feel that consumers can easily identify with and want to work with.
While there are plenty of ways to target new customers on social media, these four platforms have new advertising features that make investing in your social strategy easy and affordable.
LinkedIn Sponsored Content Ads
LinkedIn has always served a market of professionals looking to hire, be employed, or build relationships with other companies and industries. Unlike Instagram or TikTok which deal with visuals, LinkedIn focuses more on content which makes text ads more effective. With its complete Lead Gen Forms template, a user clicks the call to action button to interact with your ssponsored content or advertisements. Once they click on your ad, you’ll receive a pre-populated form with accurate business information from their LinkedIn profile, which you can then collect and accumulate leads, track, and measure your campaign’s cost per lead. and convert leads into new customers.
Pro tip: Write ad titles under 150 characters. Concise headlines lead to more engagement and speak to consumers’ current attention spans.
Pinterest Video Ads
Pinterest has a loyal following due to its attractive and intentional layout. But it’s not just colorful baking recipes and outfit inspiration. With a Pinterest business account, real estate professionals can use the best of video to help people discover and generate actions on your website. Pinterest video ads are embedded into the feed to appear alongside organic pins. Ad specs are available in standard or maximum width sizes and begin playing automatically when they arrive in a user’s feed. Playing on consumer culture, users who find inspiration for a “minimalist design scheme” can simultaneously connect with an agent who can find them the home to make it happen.
Pro tip: Make sure you’re targeting the audiences you want by fully populating the ‘Interests’ feature when setting up an ad. This will help reach the right audience based on the Pins they interact with.
TikTok ads with interactive add-ons
TikTok holds a lot of power in the social arena which is not only aimed at the millennial/Gen Z gaze. The app’s main marketing tool comes in the form of full-screen video ads that appear on a user’s “For You” page, with interactive add-ons for help drive traffic to your site. In addition to user flow ads, other advertising options on TikTok include branded takeovers, which means your ad will show as soon as a user opens the app, or a branded hashtag challenge, which encourages user-generated content through trending hashtags and challenges video.
Pro tip: Rather than jumping on a dance trend to convey relevance, instead focus on organic content that might resonate with audiences.
New Twitter ad formats
Twitter is the digital space for breaking news, discussion and humor. In the spring of 2022, the app began testing three new ad formats: interactive text, product explorer, and collection. Interactive text ads appear in a larger, bolder typeface than the standard Twitter font in the timeline. Advertisers can highlight up to three words in their ad text which, when clicked, direct consumers to a company’s landing pages. Product Explorer gives advertisers the ability to showcase their products and services in 3D for the first time, providing the ability to swipe and rotate from different angles (a great way to show a 3D home tour). Finally, Collection ads offer a unique narrative aspect. The ad displays a main image with up to five smaller visual thumbnails below it, allowing users to get the full image and interact with each thumbnail.
Pro Tip: Keep it mobile friendly. Choose the vertical media content that can best be displayed according to the user’s preference.