Director of Digital Media Content – Axios Charlotte
JazzArts Charlotte, formerly Jazz Arts Initiative, is a Charlotte-based non-profit arts organization committed to connecting the community and developing an audience for jazz through quality education, performance and support for musicians. Established in 2009 by co-founders Lonnie and Ocie Davis, JazzArts strives to serve as a catalyst for cultural enrichment and musical education that brings creative inspiration to the lives of the people of the Charlotte area. Since its founding, JazzArts has grown considerably to include two main programmatic offerings: The Jazz Room, a monthly concert of 4 to 6 performances in downtown Charlotte that takes place on Friday and Saturday nights, and JazzArts Academy, composed of workshops and groups for young people, camps and community engagement in the schools. The income generated by the Jazz Room, together with the income generated, goes to the JazzArts Academy, which provides jazz music education to thousands of students every year.
JazzArts Charlotte is seeking a Creative and Experienced Director of Digital Media Content to join our team. If you enjoy creating high quality, engaging website and social media content to drive audience development and organizational success, we wish you on our team. As Director of Digital Media Content, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall digital content strategy based on the goals and objectives of JazzArts Charlotte and creating a positive user experience for all visitors. As a team member, you will combine proven and innovative digital strategies with the goals and resources of our team to move JazzArts forward.
We’re always looking for new ways to market our work, which may include running tests to see what content resonates most with our audience. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for jazz and music / artistic education, as well as an interest in communications, website management and external relations. Must be a team player dedicated to continuous improvement, staff engagement and determined to perform at a higher level. This person will play a key role in shaping the organization’s growth and digital content strategy. The ideal candidate is more than an analytics junkie. This is a part-time position working 30 hours / week plus monthly Jazz Room shows.
• Oversee all day-to-day digital efforts including video content editing and live streaming
• Organizes, publishes and edits high quality, engaging original content for use on online properties with the goal of increasing digital audiences
• Regularly monitors digital trends and results, actively participating in monthly and quarterly metrics analysis and reporting for JazzArts management. Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics
• Strives to understand the data and trends available at all three levels of the user journey funnel (acquisition, engagement and conversion) and takes action to advance all three levels. Uses this data in close collaborations with the President, Marketing Director and team, business partners to continuously improve social media content, website and improve overall content quality
• Ensures messaging and digital content align with vision and strategies
• Optimizes content based on SEO; Become the organization’s subject matter expert on: SEO, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager
• Works to be a voice of innovation in the organization and inspire others; generate new ideas to gain public attention
• Provides timely, accurate and relevant content to social media audience and website users
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, editors, contractors and other digital assistance professionals engaged in digital content development and participation in online programs
• Manage various special projects within the organization, as needed
• Understands, interprets and communicates numerical abilities / limitations to the chairperson
• Reports expenses in a timely manner, attends trainings in support of professional growth or a development plan, and supports events and programs that are an integral part of the culture and fundraising efforts of JazzArts Charlotte
• Ensure compliance with the law (eg copyright and data protection)
Diplomas and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in writing, English, journalism, music, communication or a related field
• Over 3 years of experience in content management and development, creating online spaces that inspire action
• Strong narrative writing and proofreading skills; have the ability to inspire while being concise and brand consistent
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and good attention to detail
• Understanding of Google Ads and SEO best practices, and desire to improve your proficiency in this work
• Ability to collaborate and work with a diverse group in a fluid environment to bring a project to fruition
• Computer literacy (WordPress and all MS Office products, Internet Explorer and other browsers)
• Familiarity with a content management system and a basic understanding of HTML and web publishing
• Ability to translate the mission, vision and programs of JazzArts for digital channels
• Experience navigating data to uncover key patterns and actionable takeaways; comfortable with formulas and data manipulation
• Use and familiarity with a variety of digital tools, web tools (including video APIs) used to manage content generated for web pages or appearing in digital magazines, interactive tools, apps, blogs and videos
• Familiarity and appreciation of the jazz art form and history (classical and modern) an asset
From January 4, 2022, all inquiries, nominations and nominations should be sent by email to [email protected] Applications should include a cover letter and CV / CV. Please indicate where you learned about the opportunity. No phone calls please.
To learn more about JazzArts Charlotte, please visit: www.TheJazzArts.org
JazzArts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive recruiting and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, location. sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable national or federal law. Jazz Arts encourages applicants from all groups and communities to apply for this position.